Can your sharp eyes seek out new marketing opportunities for clients and are you on the scent for a new job with a fun group? Well then keep reading!
The Web Advisors are a high-performance marketing agency team with BIG goals. We are crazy passionate about what we do and 100% committed to meeting each client’s specific marketing objectives.
We excel in strategic marketing planning, search engine & display marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization, and quality data analysis for small business, multi-stakeholder consortiums, community and regional destination marketing organizations and provincial sector organizations. We also believe in work-life balance and pride ourselves on our proficiency at partaking of local craft beers, wines, and spirits as well as participating in a plethora of outdoor activities in BC, such as golf, mountain biking, and skiing.
We believe collaboration is our team’s superpower and it ensures our success with every project.
You are an Account Manager looking to join a group of fun, dynamic professional marketers who excel at what we do. No two days are the same, so if you thrive in an environment where you wear multiple hats every day and are continually expanding your skills and knowledge, this is the position you have been looking for.
With a stellar background in building and maintaining client relationships, you also exhibit a talent for strategic planning across all media platforms, and you can oversee results-driven campaigns in your sleep. The vast majority of this position involves correctly interpreting which tools and resources will meet the marketing needs of our clients and how to best utilize those tools. You also enjoy making work fun so funsuckers need not apply.
As an Account Manager, your role will be focused on, but not be limited to, the following in support of servicing our clients:
- Client Relationship and Project Management: communicate and engage directly with clients and prospects to determine objectives, gauge project and task requirements, and report on progress and results; collaborate and communicate with the entire Web Advisors team to balance priorities; and monthly budget/account reconciliation for your projects;
- Strategy: collaboration with Account Directors, clients, and team members to define targeting, refine creative, prioritize tactics, and execute plans;
Digital Marketing: design, implementation and optimization (SEO, SEM, DSP, DMP, and other digital marketing tools);
- SEO & Analytics: including audits, analysis, recommendations, and implementation;
- Website Redevelopment and Optimization: project management with our web development team, content team and track updates;
- Collaboration: with our content team to coordinate and align content strategy with campaign objectives;
- Analysis and Reporting: for Account Director and client review. Leverage reporting tools to monitor, analyze, and draw actionable insights with the ultimate goal of improving client KPIs and blowing benchmarks out of the water;
Media Relations: including facilitating media visits and press trip itineraries;
Asset Management: coordination of all digital assets (i.e. copy, text, imagery, branding elements);
- Editing & Cross-Checking: providing a keen eye for detail to ensure written content, creative, and campaigns are ready to publish;
- Industry Networking: opportunities for the promotion of The Web Advisors;
Ongoing Professional Development: staying abreast of industry trends, marketing best practices, digital and otherwise, and emerging technologies;
- Content Generation: blogging about marketing trends and updates;
- Other duties as assigned, of course;
- Opportunities for advancement to an Account Director position.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- A degree, diploma or certificate in Business/Management/Communications/Advertising/Marketing OR demonstrable equivalent experience;
- 2-5 years of marketing experience (either client-facing or internal role);
Powerful project and time-management abilities, including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and deadline execution;
- Proficiency in managing client marketing budgets, with effective use and placement of funds;
- Well-practiced in analytics and reporting tools for websites and social media channels;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and positive, efficient, and respectful rapport with co-workers;
- Excellent written, grammar, and verbal communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of the web and social media. Basic WordPress, HTML, and Hootsuite experience is desirable;
- High competency using desktop and cloud-based applications including: Google Workspace, Office, Photoshop, Canva and project management tools;
- Google Analytics, Ads, and Facebook certification would be considered assets;
- Positive attitude and the ability to step back from a situation and look at the big picture in order to troubleshoot and problem solve;
$50,000 to $65,000 per year
In addition to offering an engaging workplace where we together collaborate in the creation of great work for our clients, The Web Advisors offer the following benefits over and above a competitive annual salary:
- Extended health care assistance;
- Professional development allocation;
- Flexible working environment;
- Perks Rewards program;
- Vacation time in the company cottage;
- 5 personal days a year;
How To Apply:
- Complete the form on this page and
- Submit your application detailing why we would be fortunate to have you on our team.
Download pdf of Account Manager job description.