Can your sharp eyes seek out new marketing opportunities for clients and are you on the scent for a new account director position where you can use your skills to their fullest together with a fun group? Well then keep reading!
Are you ready to help lead a team of savvy marketing professionals and contribute in a meaningful way to the growth and evolution of a firecracker of a company? As an Account Director for The Web Advisors, you’ll get the chance to do just that as you oversee a portfolio of key accounts and draw on your expertise in a variety of marketing fields to act as a strategic partner and project manager for your clients; in brief, we’re looking for an accomplished marketing professional and leader who can be a foundational element for even more growth.
Who are The Web Advisors? We are a high-performance, boutique marketing agency with BIG goals. We run with some pretty major clients in the BC tourism industry, but we also maintain a diverse portfolio of clients from various industries. We’re never bored and never boring because we take our passion for what we do to eleven and are committed to delivering measurable results in everything we do.
Three (of the many) things you’ll love about this role:
Be an Agent for Transformative Change: Develop real relationships and make a meaningful impact – the type of impact that feels good at the end of the day.
Variety is the Spice of Life: Today you’re finalizing campaign creative & content, developing a digital advertising budget, then you’re on to presenting a service proposal… and tomorrow is totally different!
Responsibility & Autonomy: You’ll be the go-to for independently managing projects, budgets, client relationships and more. (The team will have your back, too, of course)
Three (of the many) reasons why you’ll love working with the Web Advisors team:
Make a Difference: We’re great at what we do, and your contribution will make a huge impact for both your clients and your team.
We Grow Together: See an opportunity? You have the green light to take the lead and make it happen! And that applies just as much to the workplace as it does to your accounts.
Support and Collaboration: We believe in collaboration as our team’s superpower, and it ensures our success with every project.
We collaborate from 8:30-5:00 on weekdays, and this role is based in fun, funky and collaborative office spaces in Victoria and Vernon. Weekend and evening work is not an “all the time” thing, but our drive to excel sometimes requires a sprint to get a project out the door on time or a check-in on the weekend to set your team up for success. But that also means it’s not a big deal if you have to take your dog to her vet appointment at 9:00 on a Wednesday. As a digital-first company, we’re also set up to work remotely when it makes sense – we get our best work done when we can riff in person but recognize the value of being flexible to maintain balance, so we play remote work by ear.
We believe in work-life balance and pride ourselves on our proficiency in partaking in local craft creations and participating in a plethora of outdoor activities available in our BC backyard.
We are seeking a qualified full-time Account Director to join our group of fun, dynamic professional marketers ideally in Vernon or Victoria, with a remote position considered for an ideal candidate, and play a central role in helping the team deliver exceptional results.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are a leader and natural relationship builder above all else. Charting a course for clients, team members and projects is second nature and you are at your best when you are drawing on your broad base of marketing experience to carefully balance the client’s needs, wants and priorities with the agency’s bottom line. Your talent for strategic planning shines brightest when you are leveraging elements and tools from a variety of media platforms and delivering exceptional results that exceed expectations.
As an Account Director, your role will be focused on, but not be limited to, the following in support of servicing our clients:
- Direct the growth, management, retention, and satisfaction of a portfolio of key accounts where you will develop a deep understanding of each client’s business model, marketplace and factors affecting sales;
- Provide engagement leadership and be regarded by the client as an expert and trusted advisor, utilizing your marketing ability to lead clients strategically and tactically;
- Contribute to the Agency’s leadership by collaboratively charting company direction and supporting the team;
- Develop and nurture solid relationships with key client contacts, prospects, industry and media colleagues, and team members;
- Identify and respond to opportunities for new business development including expanding services to existing clients and new client acquisition;
- Serve as the primary point of Agency contact for your clients and prospects; communicating and engaging directly with clients to determine objectives, gauge project and task requirements, and report on deliverables progress and results;
- Represent the client within the Agency, collaborating and communicating with the entire Web Advisors’ team for timely project/task facilitation and monthly budget and invoicing reconciliation for your projects;
- Craft strategy including business, marketing and project plans inclusive of budgeting;
- Plan, coordinate and implement marketing and project plans, overseeing the Agency team members involved;
- Be prepared and technically capable of getting in the trenches for media buying and placement on behalf of our clients;
- Prepare creative briefs and collaborate with designers and copywriters accordingly;
- Leverage measurement, reporting and SEO tools to monitor, analyze, and draw actionable insights with the ultimate goal of improving client KPIs and blowing benchmarks out of the water;
- Stay up to date with industry trends, marketing best practices, digital and otherwise, and emerging technologies through ongoing professional development;
- Attend industry conferences and networking opportunities on behalf of the Agency;
- Share your expertise with clients, industry colleagues and prospects through periodic content generation, presentations and webinars on behalf of the Agency.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- A degree or diploma in Business/Management/Communications/Advertising/Marketing and/or;
- Minimum five years of professional marketing experience in an active client-facing role as well as management experience;
- Excellent client relationship management, critical thinking, leadership, management, and negotiation skills;
- A persuasive and confident approach;
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and analyze trends for future opportunities;
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience with strategy development, marketing plan implementation, campaign management, SEO implementation and industry measurement and reporting tools;
- Experience in presenting plans/ideas to Agency clients and groups of stakeholders;
- Powerful project and time-management abilities, including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and deadline execution;
- Proficiency in managing client marketing budgets, with effective placement of funds;
- High competency using desktop and cloud-based applications including project management, reporting, SEO, survey tools, Google Workspace, and Office;
You’ll need to hit the ground running, so knowing your way around as many of the technical elements as possible will catapult you towards success. Ideally, you will:
- Have strong Analytics and digital data skills so you can generate insights from the data and translate these into strategy and deployment recommendations.
- Bring digital marketing experience including design, implementation and optimization (SEO, SEM, Display, Social and other digital marketing platforms);
- Have a thorough knowledge of the web and social media platforms, including basic WordPress, HTML, and Hootsuite;
- It would be awesome if you have Google Analytics, Ads, and Facebook Blueprint certifications;
- It would be a bonus if you can also bring a new skill or expertise with a digital marketing platform
Finally, you will also shine brightest in this role if you bring a strong background in tourism and destination marketing, love to golf (or are willing to learn), and count your client’s successes first before yours.
$65,000 to $80,000 per year
In addition to offering an engaging workplace where you will collaborate and generate outstanding results for our clients, The Web Advisors offer the following benefits over and above a competitive annual salary:
- Extended health, vision;
- Dental plan;
- Life and disability insurance
- Vacation time in the company cottage at Predator Ridge;
- Flexible & positive working environment (with good coffee);
- Professional development allocation;
- Perks Rewards program (sincere thanks, a high-five, and a gift-card rolled into one);
- Team activities (enjoying craft creations, golf, team social dinners, etc.)
How To Apply:
- Complete the form on this page and
- Submit your application detailing why we would be fortunate to have you on our team.
Download a pdf of this Account Director job description to show your friends the job you applied for!