Can your sharp eyes seek out new marketing opportunities for clients and are you on the scent for a new marketing account manager job with a fun group? Well then keep reading!
Marketing Account Manager
The Web Advisors are in high demand and we need a talented marketing professional to add even more firepower to our high-performance team. As a Marketing Account Manager, you’ll be a critical piece of the puzzle and will contribute your expertise in everything from digital marketing, to content development, to marketing strategy on a daily basis; in brief, we’re looking for a team player who can be a foundational element for even more growth.
Who are The Web Advisors? We are a high-performance, boutique marketing agency with BIG goals. We run with some pretty major clients in the BC tourism industry, but we also maintain a diverse portfolio of clients from various industries. We’re never bored and never boring because we take our passion for what we do to eleven and are committed to delivering measurable results in everything we do.
Three (of the many) things you’ll love about this role:
Responsibility & Autonomy: You’ll be the go-to for independently managing projects, budgets, client relationships and more. (The team will have your back, too, of course)
Variety is the Spice of Life: Today you’re proofing content, finalizing a digital advertising budget, then you’re on to media itinerary planning… and tomorrow is totally different!
Jump in the Deep End for Growth: This role will super-charge your strengths and give you a crash course (and room to grow) in areas you may not have had much experience.
Three (of the many) reasons why you’ll love working with the Web Advisors team:
Make a Difference: We’re great at what we do, and your contribution will make a huge impact for both your clients and your team.
We Grow Together: Have a good idea? Let’s explore it! And that applies just as much to the workplace as it does to your projects.
Support and Collaboration: We believe in collaboration as our team’s superpower, and it ensures our success with every project.
We collaborate from 8:30-5:00 on weekdays, and this role is based in a fun, funky and collaborative office space in either Victoria or Vernon. Weekend and evening work is not frequent, but our drive to excel sometimes requires a sprint to get a project out the door on time or a quick check on the weekend to make sure everything is running smoothly. But that also means it’s not a big deal if you have to take your dog to her vet appointment at 9:00 on a Wednesday. As a digital-first company, we’re also set up to work remotely when it makes sense – we get our best work done when we can riff in person but recognize the value of being flexible to maintain balance, so we play remote work by ear.
We believe in work-life balance and pride ourselves on our proficiency in partaking in local craft creations and participating in a plethora of outdoor activities available in our BC backyard.
As our full-time Marketing Account Manager, no two days will be the same. So if you thrive when you’re juggling a wide variety of tasks and are looking to expand your portfolio, this is the position you have been looking for.
With a stellar background in nurturing client relationships, you exhibit a talent for strategic planning and implementation across all media platforms and overseeing results-driven campaigns comes second nature to you. The vast majority of this position involves correctly interpreting which tools and resources will meet the marketing needs of our clients and how to best utilize those tools to attain the desired results.
As an Account Manager, your role will be focused on, but not be limited to, the following in support of servicing our clients:
- Client Engagement and Project Management: Communicate and engage directly with clients and prospects to determine objectives, gauge project and task requirements, and report on progress and results; collaborate and communicate with the entire Web Advisors team to balance priorities and monthly budget/account reconciliation for your projects;
- Strategy: Collaborate with Account Directors, clients, and team members to define targeting, refine creative, prioritize tactics, and execute plans;
- Digital Marketing: Design, implement and optimize campaigns (SEM, Display, Social and other digital marketing platforms);
- SEO & Analytics: Spearhead audits, analysis, recommendations, and implementation;
- Website Development and Optimization: Manage the development of new websites in collaboration with our web development and content teams;
- Analysis and Reporting: Leverage reporting tools to monitor, analyze, and draw actionable insights with the ultimate goal of improving client KPIs and blowing benchmarks out of the water;
- Media Relations: Facilitate media visits and press trip itineraries;
- Editing & Cross-Checking: Use your keen eye for detail to ensure written content, creative, and campaigns are ready to publish;
- Content Generation: Write and publish blogs/articles about marketing trends and updates;
- Other duties as assigned, of course;
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- A degree, diploma or certificate in Business/Management/Communications/Advertising/Marketing and/or;
- Minimum three years of professional marketing experience in an active client-facing role;
- Powerful project and time-management abilities, including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and deadline execution;
- Experience in developing and presenting plans/ideas to agency colleagues, clients, and groups of stakeholders;
- Proficiency in managing client marketing budgets, with effective use and placement of funds;
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience with measurement and reporting tools, as well as SEO implementation;
- High competency using desktop and cloud-based applications including Google Workspace, Office, Photoshop, Canva, and project management tools;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, that accompany your well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills.
It Would Be Awesome If You:
- Have digital marketing experience including design, implementation and optimization (SEO, SEM, Display, Social and other digital marketing platforms);
- Have Google Analytics, Ads, and Facebook Blueprint certifications;
- Have a thorough knowledge of the web and social media platforms, including basic WordPress, HTML, and Hootsuite;
- Teach us something new about digital marketing.
$60,000 to $70,000 per year
In addition to offering an engaging workplace where you will collaborate and generate outstanding results for our clients, The Web Advisors offer the following benefits over and above a competitive annual salary:
- Flexible working environment (with good coffee);
- Professional development allocation;
- Perks Rewards program (sincere thanks, a high-five, and a gift-card rolled into one);
- Vacation time in the company cottage at Predator Ridge;
- Team activities (enjoying craft creations, golf, team social dinners, etc.)
- Extended health, vision;
- Dental plan;
- Life and disability insurance; and
- Opportunity for advancement
How To Apply:
- Complete the form on this page and
- Submit your application detailing why we would be fortunate to have you on our team.
Download a pdf of this Marketing Account Manager job description to show your friends the job you applied for!